So many Americans are away from home these days for business, family visits and recreation. Traveling has become second nature to most of us and we tend to forget that when we're away from home...anything can happen. Everyone is increasingly mobile, enjoying more travel for vacation, business, and retirement.
- 80% of Americans (over 18) take a trip 100 miles or more away from home that lasts at least one night or more.
- Over 50% of international travel is performed by senior citizens.
Americans find themselves away from home more often than ever before because:
- Grandchildren and other family members are more spread out than ever before;
- Americans are retiring early and are on the road, enjoying new experiences away from home; and
- People with medical conditions are seeking treatment in distant medical centers.